People have been making comments about me not updating this blog. Honestly, i wasn’t planning on adding entries while i was in the States; my intention was to use this blog when i am receiving treatment in Tijuana. Since many of you still want to know how i am doing, though, here’s a quick summary of where i am at.
* I went back to work on Friday. It hasn’t been easy, having to be at work for 8 hours a day. They really only need me there right now from 9-12; i wish i could work part time for a couple of weeks until i feel stronger. Carissa said it wouldn’t hurt to ask HR if that’s an option.
* I got the staples taken out of my stomach on Wednesday. The top of the incision has an infected suture inside, but Dr. Matatov doesn’t want to remove it because it might still be healing underneath the surface and connected to other sutures under the skin. So, for right now, it discharges gross brown stuff, and it hurts.
* Dr. Matatov stitched up the burned area on my breast. That’s healing nicely.
* I’ve lost a LOT of weight. Currently, i am at 127. As an adult, the least i have ever weighed is 125, which was a very unhealthy time period in my life. I just can’t seem to eat much in a sitting, and i still occasionally throw up. I don’t know how long this ulcer surgery affects my appetite, but I’m hoping i can resume normal eating habits soon. I look sickly, and i am very weak.
Sorry. This entry is kind of a buzzkill.
* My pets know i am struggling, and they have been soooo sweet. Constant attention, constant purring, constant kisses. They make everything better.