I wish I had better news for you. I don’t. Bullet points of updates:
- At this point, I am on house arrest. If I don’t need to leave the house for medical or legal purposes, I am not allowed to go.
- I have pneumonia, which is still obvious from the phlegmy cough from hell I have every day.
- Did I tell you I was recently in the hospital for six days? It was because my brain tumor was expanding on my brain in such a way that was grossly affecting my motor-coordination, memory, and language skills. Scary day. I thought it was my last.
- Right now, my medical entendre includes two weeks of pelvis radiation (just finished one), then one week of brain radiation, and chemo on April 19, May 10, & May 31. Then we check on progress, to see if we are making any.
- I get by on a walker. Tomorrow, a power scooter is being delivered that I spent $400 to rent.
- One of the reasons I can’t walk is because of the 30 POUNDS that the hospital sent me home with. It’s disgusting. I think I still have 27.
- I cry every day. Some people tell me not to, so I talk to them less on purpose. Right now, I am living the exact end-of-care that I did NOT want for myself. I think many people forget that.